At Murphy Dental Group PLLC, our staff maintains the highest level of quality patient care. As your local family dentist, we look forward to seeing you every six months for a routine cleaning, here in Milton, MA. Have you ever wondered why the American Dental Association recommends bi-annual checkups? It's because regular dental visits are vital for keeping your permanent teeth for a lifetime.
Think about the last time you visited your family dentist. Has it been awhile? Or do you look forward to visiting ours at Murphy Family Dental in Milton, MA, every year? Routine dental exams are crucial because they help spot oral health problems early, should any arise. Our staff goes beyond taking care of your teeth. We help you correct any habits that may be detrimental to your health and teach you how to follow effective oral care practices at home.
Reasons You Need a Dental Checkup
- Oral Cancer Detection - Screening for oral cancer can identify it in its earliest, most treatable stage.
- Prevent Gum Disease - Gum disease progresses in stages and can lead to potential tooth loss if left untreated.
- Avoid Cavities - Also known as caries, they require cosmetic fillings and are a form of tooth decay.
- View What's Underneath with X-rays - Diagnostic imaging allows us to diagnose and treat dental problems before they become serious.
Your Dental Cleaning in Five Steps
- A dental hygienist will physically examine your teeth and take x-rays.
- Using a dental scaler, plaque, and tartar are removed.
- Your teeth are cleaned and polished with gritty toothpaste.
- Your hygienist expertly flosses your teeth.
- Rinse with fluoride and schedule your next appointment!
During your oral health exam, we take a personal and comprehensive approach. Our practice focuses mainly on the prevention of dental disease. Prevention is the key to unlocking the gate to a lifetime of excellent oral health.
If you're experiencing oral pain or discomfort, it's vital to visit our office immediately. For questions or concerns, please call (617) 696-3900. To schedule an appointment with one of our family dentists of Murphy Dental Group in Milton, MA, contact us today to help you maintain a healthy smile. We can be reached through our website https://www.jmurphydmd.com and emailed with any questions.