When you've got a beautiful smile, you'll likely feel more confident in everyday social interactions with your friends, family, and co-workers. Unfortunately for many of us, achieving that perfect grin is a whole lot easier said than done. Whether suffering from years of cigarette-smoke stains, coffee discoloration, or the effects of normal aging itself, our teeth play a pivotal role in maintaining or losing that bright grin we all strive for, making tooth-discoloration prevention a leading goal for dental patients across the nation.
At Murphy Dental Group, PLLC, you'll find all the services you need for a full set of pearly whites that will leave the whole neighborhood jealous. With the expert care of teeth whitening specialists like certified Doctors of Dental Medicine John M. Murphy and Patrick J. Murphy, your mouth will receive the perfect dental care required for a mouth that's worth a smile!
Considering all patients' teeth would be better off if they weren't discolored to start with, take a look at which foods you should eat more of and which you should eat less of if you don't want further discoloration of your chompers:
What To Avoid
- Teeth-staining foods like berries, soy sauce, popsicles, beets, and tomato sauce
- Teeth-staining drinks like red wine, tea, and coffee
- Not a food, but still: cigarette smoking and tobacco
What To Eat More Of
- Teeth-whitening vegetables like celery, carrots, broccoli, or the pseudo-veggie mushrooms (they're technically a fungus)
- Teeth-whitening fruits like oranges, pears, apples, and strawberries
- Dairy products, particularly yogurt
Enjoying a diet incorporating these tips for a whiter smile will help your teeth get started on the path to a whiter reality. For more information on teeth whitening, give one of the trusted dental associates at Murphy Dental Group a call today at(617) 696-3900 for a whiter smile right here in Milton, MA!